The car engine is the heart of your car and needs to be in top shape for it to perform at its best. But when something goes wrong, it can cause a lot of problems that could lead to costly car repairs or even engine replacement. That’s why it’s important to know the signs that indicate an unhealthy car engine so you can take action as soon as possible.
Continue below to learn the top 10 common signs of an unhealthy car engine that you should look out for.
10 Signs That Suggest You Need Engine Repair or Replacement
1. Unusual Noises: If you start hearing strange noises coming from under the hood, it could mean that something is wrong with your car engine and needs to be repaired as soon as possible.
2. Stalling or Hesitation: If your car stalls or hesitates when you press the accelerator, this could indicate a problem with the car engine and should be checked out.
3. Poor Acceleration: If your car struggles to accelerate, it could indicate that the car engine isn’t functioning properly.
4. Unusual Smells: Any strange smells coming from under the hood of your car can mean there is something wrong with the car engine, so take it to the mechanic for a car engine repair.
5. Overheating Engine: If you notice your car’s temperature gauge rising above normal levels, your car engine is likely overheating, which means it needs to be checked out by a professional as soon as possible.
6. Loss of Power: If you notice your car losing power, it could be a sign that the car engine is malfunctioning and needs to be serviced as soon as possible.
7. Vibrations: If your car starts vibrating while you’re driving, this could indicate a problem with the car engine which should be inspected by a mechanic right away.
8. Excessive Exhaust Smoke: If you see excessive smoke coming from your car’s exhaust pipe, it could be a sign of an unhealthy car engine and should be checked out by a professional.
9. Leaking Oil: Any leaks coming from the car engine can indicate that something is wrong with your car and should be taken to a car engine repair shop as soon as possible.
10. Decreased Fuel Efficiency: If your car isn’t getting the fuel efficiency it used to, this could indicate a problem with the car engine which needs to be looked at by a professional.
Good Car Maintenance Can Protect You From Costly Engine Repairs
Being aware of these 10 common signs of an unhealthy car engine can help you take preventative action and avoid costly car repairs or even a blown engine. If any of these symptoms occur, it’s important to get your car checked out right away so that the car engine repair or replacement can be done as soon as possible.
Average Cost of Car Engine Replacement
Replacing a car engine may be one of the most expensive car repairs that a car owner could experience. The cost of car engine replacement varies widely, but typically falls in the range of $3,000 to $4,500, depending on vehicle make and model as well as complexity of the replacement job. It is always important to shop around for the best rates and compare quotes from different repair shops to make sure that you are getting a good price. You should also take into account the type and quality of car parts used when considering car engine replacement costs. By taking these steps to ensure you are getting a fair price, you can save yourself time and money in the long run.
What To Do if You Can’t Afford to Repair Your Car Engine
Selling a car with a broken engine can easily be done by junk car buyers, more commonly known as auto salvage yards. These junk car dealers are always looking for scrap metal and usable parts from junk cars in order to refurbish and resell them. As long as the junk car has body integrity, it can still provide scrap metal to the junk car buyer. Once your junk car is evaluated and the cost determined, you’ll know the potential worth of selling it to an auto salvage yard right away. Once payment is made you can have it removed from your property quickly, so you no longer need to keep dealing with it or its broken engine.
Searching for junk car buyers that provide the highest level of service and convenience? Look no further–you’ve come to the right place! Contact GC’s Junk Cars at 317-608-2188 to sell a junk car for cash in Indianapolis, Indiana. We offer free towing with our in-house tow truck, so all you have to do is call and accept our offer!
3 Things You Can Do With Old Car Parts
Why is My Check Engine Light Flashing?
Is My Car Totaled if Motor Oil Gets Inside the Engine Coolant?