Frequently Asked Questions about Selling Your Car
  • What type of vehicles do we purchase?
    GC’s Junk Cars buys all types of automobiles.
    • Cars, Trucks, Vans, RV’s, ATV’s, and more.
    • Running or Not
    • Used, Salvaged, and/or Wrecked
    • Not just junk cars… all makes, models, and conditions.
  • How do I sell my car to you?
    The fastest and easiest way to sell your automobile is to give us a call at 317-608-2188.
    • Get a quote over the phone or fill out our contact us form on our home page or contact us page.
    • Accept our offer
    • We will pick-up your vehicle for free and hand you cash
  • When will my vehicle be picked up?
    After our offer is accepted, we will usually pick up your car within one business day but it can take up to two business days. You will be able to schedule a date and time that is convenient for you and we will be there with cash in hand. Most transactions from start to finish are completed in one day.
  • Do I need to be present when you pick up my vehicle?
    Depends on the payment arrangement, most of the time we offer cash on the spot for your vehicle, but if you call us we may be able to work out an alternative payment with you. Please be sure to leave the appropriate paper work in the vehicle.
  • What documents do I need to sell my automobile?
    Having a title is not necessary but having a vehicle with a title is worth more because of the potential to resell the automobile. If you have questions about your title, please reference the Bureau of Motor Vehicles website about “Titles”.
  • What if my title is lost, faulty, or destroyed?
    According to the BMV, “A person who owns a vehicle that has a certificate of title that is faulty, lost, or destroyed, or who is the possessor of an abandoned vehicle may apply to the BMV for authority to sell, give away, or dispose of the vehicle for scrap metal without applying for a certificate of title. An approved Certificate of Authority – Disposal of a Motor Vehicle – State Form 55018 must be provided to the automotive salvage recycler, or other appropriate facility when disposing of the vehicle.”
    Download the Certificate of Authority Application Packet
  • Do you pick up abandoned vehicles?
    Unless you have an approved “Certificate of Authority – Disposal of a Motor Vehicle” form then we are unable to pick up the abandoned vehicle. However if you need more information on abandoned vehicles please contact the BMV’s customer contact center at 888-692-6841.
  • What to do before my vehicle is picked up?
    • Remove you license plate
    • Cancel your automobiles registration with the State.